What’s one of the easiest things to make for hungry family or guests during a football game? Something so tasty, yet simple, so it won’t keep you away from the game or your guests for long? Of course- NACHOS!! They can be made so quickly with ingredients we usually already have in our kitchens. Nachos are so popular, practical, and delicious. No wonder they’re one of the staples of watching an NFL game. As well as for any day of the year! I have tried SO MANY recipes. Over time, I have taken the ingredients and strategies I love from each and combined them to make the best nachos recipe ever. And here it is!
- 1 bag of tortilla chips (I love the white corn restaurant style)
- 1lb ground chorizo sausage (other options: chicken, steak, ground beef, sausage, or vegetarian)
- 1/2 an onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups of your favorite salsa (I prefer Stonewall Kitchen-Salsa Verde or Santa Fe Seasons-Roasted Corn & Black Bean Salsa)
- 2-3 cups shredded Mexican style cheese, four cheese blend
- 1 cup queso fresco, crumbled
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup black olives, diced
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crumble the chorizo sausage into a large skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until brown (5-7 minutes). Add the chopped onion and cook until softened (3-4 minutes). Add the salsa, stir, lower the heat to medium. Bring the mixture to a simmer (4-5 minutes).
- Spread tortilla chips onto oven safe tray. Use a ladle to spread your salsa mixture over the chips.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese all over.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes and olives as well.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Last, top with fresh avocado, cilantro, and crumbled queso fresco
Other Topping Ideas
This is how I make the nacho’s of my dreams;) Of course you can add or take away any ingredients that you want. Sometimes, depending on what I have in my kitchen, I’ll include:
- Re fried beans
- Sour cream
I like to have these on the side as options for my guests to add even more flavor to their nacho’s. All of these are great to dip your nacho’s in. Or depending on what you like you can add these onto your nachos. Jalapenos or banana peppers are also amazing on nacho’s if you like your nachos really spicy. I leave them off of the platter because they aren’t very kid friendly, and for some people they are too spicy, so on the side is a great option. Please note that you can use each ingredient, or change some ingredients and/or measurements to your liking;)
What About You…?
I hope you, your friends, and family enjoy these nachos as much as we do! Believe me, once you try these you’ll be hooked. Do you have a specific nacho recipe that I should try? Or any suggestions for any toppings that I didn’t mention? Have you tried my nacho recipe?? Please let me know in the comments below.